This expansive Spanish-Revival residence, designed by Charles Whittlesey in 1908, has been substantially and thoughtfully renovated into a warm, light-filled home with beautiful scale. Spanning approximately 5,900 square feet on a wide lot, this lovely 5 bedroom, 5 and a half bath Presidio Heights home with an elevator offers a sophisticated floor plan, indoor-outdoor living and Golden Gate Bridge views.
Offered At: $10,500,000
On the main level, your eyes are drawn to the graceful wood beams accenting the living and dining rooms. Spanning the front of the home, the generous living area has multiple seating areas and a fireplace inviting cozy conversation. The dining room can accommodate a large gathering or an intimate dinner party, and the curved nook opens to the spacious patio.
One floor above and connected by a graceful staircase, the master retreat commands your attention. Comprising a spacious bedroom, separate sitting area, spa-like bath, and large walk-in closet, this suite also has a secluded hot tub on the connected deck. Also on this level is another bedroom with ensuite bath, walk-in closet and built-in desk. A laundry room with drying closet is conveniently located on this floor.
On the uppermost level, discover stunning Golden Gate bridge views from the well-appointed office, as well as two generously-sized bedrooms and two spacious baths. A large skylight over the stairwell fills the space with light. An expansive South-facing deck on this level also has bay and bridge views, and offers a relaxing outdoor sanctuary.
The generous space on the lower level offers a myriad of possibilities: media lounge, fitness area, music room, guest space. Equipped with a decorative fireplace and multiple windows, this room is waiting for your personalization.
The impressive, resort-like outdoor space boasts multiple seating areas, putting green and basketball hoop, a thriving vegetable garden and mature plantings. Large sliding doors connect the space directly to the kitchen for ease of entertaining. Completing the home is an elevator and spacious two-car garage with abundant storage.
3445 Washington Street is located on a highly-sought after block of Presidio Heights, just minutes from The Presidio, Presidio Heights Playground and the shops and restaurants of Sacramento Street and Laurel Village.
• Beautifully renovated home with original architectural detail and glorious natural light
• 5 bedrooms, 5 full baths, 1 half bath, 2 offices and a playroom/studio
• Approximately 5,887 square feet of living space (per tax records); Lot size: 40x125
• Warm hardwood floors, gracious archways and an architectural staircase throughout
• Large-scale living room with fireplace and custom shelving
• Spacious formal dining room with adjacent sitting area
• Remodeled kitchen with center island, gleaming copper hood and two sinks
• Appliances include Wolf range and double oven, Subzero refrigerator/freezer, and two Miele dishwashers.
• Casual dining space adjacent to the kitchen, wine storage and built-in bench seating
• Large slide-away doors open directly to the outdoor terrace
• Upstairs master retreat has an expansive walk-in closet, spa like-bathroom, sitting/yoga room and secluded deck with hot tub
• Additional upstairs rooms include a view playroom/studio, an additional bedroom with built in desk, walk-in closet and en-suite bath and a full-size laundry room with drying closet
• Top level has a panoramic view office, two spacious bedrooms, 2 full baths and a large south-facing deck with bridge views
• Multiple view balconies
• 2 car tandem garage with storage
• Terraced outdoor space with putting green, basketball hoop and multiple seating areas